Monday 3 September 2012

Truth behind the bright lights

We have been in communication for a few weeks now, so I thought I would introduce you  to another dimension of my life which I have been doing from the age of 15 years old- modelling.
 Ironically behind all the photo shoots was the great cover up of some of my scarring from self harm caused by cutting my arms or burning them but fortunately we were generally able to hide it with make up.
 (Infact I cant help but remember some people spoke about some of my scars again many years down the line at a totally different shoot as they didnt recognize me, but thats a whole new story which I will share another time with you.)

I guess what I am trying to show you is that even what you or who you see in magazines may not appear what they appear to be and behind every smile is a story, for many many years, I hid my story and the scarring on my arms, but at a quick glance, I seemed healthy,well and all in control.
I did photographic modelling, ramp modelling, tv adverts, tv shows, and movies, all of which the make up artists were asked by myself to cover my arms as under the brutal bright camera lights, there is no mercy to scarring.
At the end of the day we all have our own demons we fight or have had to fight, and only YOU know the real story, the real feelings and the truth.
Remember that YOU KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW, AND YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU DONT KNOW, so dont claim to know the facts of someones life, or rumour, or situation, because I guarentee you, you only know perhaps a third of what the real story is, or what that person is going through.
Reserve your judgment
Reserve your opinion
and ask yourself is what I am going to repeat or spread right now going to benefit anyone??

Be what you were born to be:

Compassionate
loving
Kind
Forgiving
Supportive

Becuase you will never know when you may need the same kind of love or mercy down the line. 




http://www.icemodels.co.za/details.aspx?modelid=341051&subid=5191&mainsubid=5191&origsubid=5191&indx=0&btnx=&locate=0&gr=2&city=d&k=&agencyID=9231



No comments:

Post a Comment